Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Resources allocation for each website?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brand_land, Dec 10, 2018.

1. brand_land

brand_land Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello everyone
    I'm new to servers and re-sellers accounts and I'm trying to create an account for each website I have, how should I know how much resources to allocate to each and in case of WordPress, should it be different.
    Thank you

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @brand_land

That's a pretty difficult question for us to answer, it really depends on what each sites going to use. What resources are you referencing specifically as well? Are you using CloudLinux?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brand_land

brand_land Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello
    Yeah I'm using CentOS
    I'm talking about Monthly Bandwidth Limit (MB) and disk quota, is there like a standard for a typical wordpress website.
    and how can I know how much to give each, what does it depend on?
    and what about CPU and RAM, do I distribute those too among my sites or the server will manage that on it's own ?
    Thank you for your reply

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @brand_land

There's no actual standard limit for these, though a good starting point might be 1tb - per account you might want to start low - look at the usage all of your accounts have and make your limits right around there - you can see bandwidth used at WHM>> Account Information>> View Bandwidth Usage. For Quota a lot of folks start at around 500MB though depending on the space you have available you might want to adjust this accordingly.

Bandwidth depends on the amount of traffic the site gets busier sites are going to need more
    Quota is really about what size the site is - a larger site is going to need a higher quota

As far as limiting CPU and RAM that's really something that is best done with CloudLinux.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...