Resources allocation for each website?

brand_land

Oct 18, 2018
Saudi Arabia
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello everyone
I'm new to servers and re-sellers accounts and I'm trying to create an account for each website I have, how should I know how much resources to allocate to each and in case of WordPress, should it be different.
Thank you

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @brand_land

That's a pretty difficult question for us to answer, it really depends on what each sites going to use. What resources are you referencing specifically as well? Are you using CloudLinux?

brand_land

Oct 18, 2018
Saudi Arabia
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi @brand_land

That's a pretty difficult question for us to answer, it really depends on what each sites going to use. What resources are you referencing specifically as well? Are you using CloudLinux?
Hello
Yeah I'm using CentOS
I'm talking about Monthly Bandwidth Limit (MB) and disk quota, is there like a standard for a typical wordpress website.
and how can I know how much to give each, what does it depend on?
and what about CPU and RAM, do I distribute those too among my sites or the server will manage that on it's own ?
Thank you for your reply

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @brand_land

There's no actual standard limit for these, though a good starting point might be 1tb - per account you might want to start low - look at the usage all of your accounts have and make your limits right around there - you can see bandwidth used at WHM>> Account Information>> View Bandwidth Usage. For Quota a lot of folks start at around 500MB though depending on the space you have available you might want to adjust this accordingly.

Bandwidth depends on the amount of traffic the site gets busier sites are going to need more
Quota is really about what size the site is - a larger site is going to need a higher quota

As far as limiting CPU and RAM that's really something that is best done with CloudLinux.