Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Resources usage error with website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Augusto Will, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Augusto Will

Augusto Will Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have problems with an domain that doesnt working well, I just tried everything. If the problem is about my.cnf or CloudLinux configuration, cPanel will help me? This is covered by support tickets? Need help with that

My domain stops work with resources usage 503 error even if i put no limit in LVE on CloudLinux, the page becomes too much slow. I think this can be a problem with some configuration of apache, LVE or some database limits in my.cnf or even some upgrade in cPanel.

The server has 64Gb RAM.

The other sites are ok.

cPanel support will help me about my.cnf, Apache configuration or LVE limits?

#1 Augusto Will, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  2. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    302 is a "Moved Temporarily" redirection code. I don't believe it is being generated by either Cloudlinux LVE restrictions, nor by SQL configuration.

A couple of links that might help you:

airbrake.io/blog/http-errors/302-found
    Understanding LVE

You may want to audit your DNS for the domain, and any PHP or Ajax or JavaScript code for the website and ensure there are no unexpected redirects taking place (especially any that loop).

Be especially vigilant of any redirects or mod rewrites that may be configured in your .htaccess file.

Calls to redirected or unavailable off-site resources can sometimes cause the server to return a 302 Found response code.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 rpvw, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2017
  3. Augusto Will

Augusto Will Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sory, the error is 503 ,not 302 -

Service Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

#3 Augusto Will, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  4. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, since I already wasted time researching the 302 error you originally posted, and that you have now edited to 503, I shall leave it to someone else to try and help you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    OK now I have calmed down a little - check your LVE statistics for the domains that are giving you the 503 errors. Also check any Apache logs, PHP logs, MySQL logs and all related error logs for any supplemental information relevant to each incident.

Useful information can be found in this CL blog post and the CL documentation here and here

Your choices are to increase whatever LVE process allocations are causing the issue, or to modify the website script to be more efficient and use less resources.
    This should give you a clue where you should be looking.

If your server is still giving 503 errors after you have disabled LVE for the domain (This is not the same as setting all the LVE settings to 0) you may need to do some fundamental work on your A.M.P. stack configurations, or ascertain if the script you are running is causing the problems.

If you are worried about your SQL server performance, you should probably be looking at installing the Cloudlinux "MySQL Governor" feature, or using a tool like MySQLTuner to help analyse what is causing the issues, although some users have experienced difficulties with this tool eg MYSQL Tuner error 256 , and some favour an alternative approach using mysqlmymonlite.sh server stats gathering tool for cPanel Server

Personally, I don't bother with the MySQL Governor, but I did find using the Cloudlinux Apache mod-lsapi and configuring it as the default server wide PHP Handler, gave me a significant reduction in server load, and a noticeable increase in PHP performance.

If you are not confident about researching and performing any of the above yourself, you may need to think about hiring a systems administrator to help you. There are a number of such services offered on this forum at System Administration Services | cPanel Forums

You may get additional help from the CloudLinux Forum. or by submitting a Cloudlinux support ticket, or a cPanel support request (this type of support may not be free)

#5 rpvw, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    cPanelMichael likes this.
  6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The first place to check when you notice an Apache error code when browsing your website is the Apache error log (/usr/local/apache/logs/error_log). Do you notice any specific output to this log file when the error message occurs?

Thank you.