The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resseller Resold

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samuelbrr, Mar 1, 2002.

1. samuelbrr

samuelbrr Registered

Hi Guys,
    I'm looking for a little help here. I am currently a reseller for a great webhosting company. They have allowed me to resell their reseller accounts. But we noticed that when I setup a new reseller when the reseller creates their clients accounts my web host nameserver shows up.

Is there anyway to remove this nameserver showing up

thanks
    samuel@eshoredirect.com ;)

2. ahwheelock

ahwheelock Well-Known Member

Let me add some clarity...

The reseller's virtual nameserver shows up in the account created page that the root host receives by email, but for some reason, the root host's nameservers show up to the reseller on the account creation confirmation page.

We don't specifically want to REMOVE the host nameserver, but rather, replace it with the virtual nameserver of the reseller creating the account...as it is on the email to the root host.

This way, it would more fully cloak the main host from any resellers (and enable the reselling of resellers as posted above).

Any help with this &feature& would be appreciated.

3. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Go to Reseller Center and go to Edit Reseller and at the bottom add the name servers and save it. Thats should do it. If it doesn't work automatic then go to Edit a DNS Zone and manually add two name servers for them.

4. ahwheelock

ahwheelock Well-Known Member

Thank you awsol...but that isn't the issue.

The nameservers are properly set up, and working.

It's just that the wrong ones (the main hosts) show up on the page where the account is being created. We're trying to get the reseller nameserver to show up there, as it does properly in the email that the main host gets when a new account is created by a reseller.

Does that make it clearer?