The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restarting Exim

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mlsred, Jul 10, 2012.

1. mlsred

mlsred Member

Hi All,

I have a dedicated server, quite good specs and works well except for a problem with email. I am using IMAP/Dovecot. I have a couple of PCs/Laptops at home with the usual MS products i.e. Outlook 2007/10.

With annoying regulatory the Outlook program stops responding and effectively I have to crash it out. This is across all my devices. If I go into WHM and restart exim it immediately improves and all remains normal for a while. Outlook/email responds normally for a period of time and (day or so) and then starts misbehaving again. I do reboot the server monthly and the server isn’t over utilised.

Is this a “known” problem. Can I do anything about it?

Thanks
    Michael

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Michael,

When this occurs, does webmail work to send and receive in any of the provided webmail applications (such as Horde or Roundcube)?

Next, have you checked /var/log/maillog during that point to see whether your user is showing as authenticated? Are there any errors in /var/log/maillog during that time? Are there any errors in /var/log/exim_mainlog or /var/log/exim_paniclog during that time?

Thanks!