Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED Restoration of deleted files and backup

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by Ade Adesokan, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Ade Adesokan

Ade Adesokan Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi my name is Ade Adesokan, From Lagos Nigeria. Am a web site owner.

Please am new here. How would I resolve the following:

1. How do I restore accidentally deleted files from my file manager? I didn't backup my data fully. What I saw was this screenshot attached.

2. While trying to use quick installer to enable me install the latest Wordpress, I got the error message that the directory is already in use that I should choose another one. How do I go about this important wordpWord installation by removing this error message.

3 How do I free my database that was full.

Find attached. Thank you all.

Attached Files:

2. Shood

Shood Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Ade Adesokan
    1- File manager moves all deleted files to ".trash" folder except a permanently delete option has been chosen
    If you cannot see the trash folder, click on Settings button (at upper right corner of cPanel) and check "Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)", so browse to .trash folder and see if deleted files exist there.

2- About WordPress, what's the error message you got? However you can test your WP installation pack by copy and extract it to a sub folder and then navigate to the sub folder in you browser e.g http://yourdomain/sub_folder and follow instructions

3- You can do everything you want with DB by phpMyAdmin in your cPanel

3. Ade Adesokan

Ade Adesokan Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Good to read from you.
    1. I got the deleted files at the .trash folder restored successful.
    2. I created the sub folder but the wp was not successfully copied to the wp-content from the public_html.

I still keep getting the several error messages from:
    - Removed -
    To:
    - Removed -
    The message title is listed below:

Cron <wwwbizma@azure> /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/quickinstall/scripts/checkupdates.pl

The body of the error message read:
    Code:
    Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/URI/Escape/Fast.pm line 22, near "s/([^A-Za-z0-9\-_\.~])/$escapes{$1}/gr"
    Can't locate Umask/Local.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 . /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mkdir.pm line 10.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mkdir.pm line 10.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CustInfo/Util.pm line 11.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CustInfo/Util.pm line 11.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CustInfo/Email.pm line 15.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CustInfo/Email.pm line 15.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CustInfo/Save.pm line 14.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CustInfo/Save.pm line 14.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ContactInfo.pm line 19.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ContactInfo.pm line 19.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/QuickInstall.pm line 25.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/QuickInstall.pm line 25.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/quickinstall/scripts/checkupdates.pl line 8.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/quickinstall/scripts/checkupdates.pl line 8.

Could someone help with how to resolve theses frequent error messages.

Thank you.

#3 Ade Adesokan, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2018
  4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You'll need to contact your WebHost about this. Here's another thread with similar errors:
    Bareword found where operator expected error

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Shood

Shood Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think that you can't install WP, because 3rd parties like: quickinstall, softaculous or other aren't free and should be activated by your hosting provider. You have to contact your hosting provider if you don't have root administrator

6. Shood

Shood Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Oh! I'm sorry for posting a duplicated suggestion, it's the same of what @Infopro said. I've replied before seeing your reply @Infopro

Infopro likes this.
  7. Ade Adesokan

Ade Adesokan Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you all.

Shood and Infopro like this.