Restore a deleted subdomain from backup?

Jimbo17##

Jul 28, 2019
Florida
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I mistakenly deleted a subdomain thinking I was simply clear the memory. I deleted this on the subdomain page under public html heading.
Now I am received error message 404 for every image on my website.

My question is can my hosting service restore this deleted subdomain from their end?

Thanks for your help.

Jim Hill

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @Jimbo17##

When you delete a subdomain, you delete all the files associated with it which would cause the site to no longer work. The only way to restore it would be to restore it from a backup. If you have backups of the site you can go to cPanel>>Files>>Backup Wizard to restore the backup. We would have no way to know if your provider keeps a copy of your account, in most cases backups are your responsibility but you'd need to check with them to be sure.

Jimbo17##

Jul 28, 2019
Florida
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi @Jimbo17##

When you delete a subdomain, you delete all the files associated with it which would cause the site to no longer work. The only way to restore it would be to restore it from a backup. If you have backups of the site you can go to cPanel>>Files>>Backup Wizard to restore the backup. We would have no way to know if your provider keeps a copy of your account, in most cases backups are your responsibility but you'd need to check with them to be sure.
I contacted my hosting service about the problem and they are working on creating a backup so they can restore the website.
Does each hosing service back up my website differently or on a regular basis or just how does that process work?

Jim