The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore Account Backup Not Working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by revivalfire, Apr 6, 2006.

1. revivalfire

revivalfire Registered

I had a backup tar of a site and had to reload the OS from Redhat 9 to Redhat 3 and I can't seem to get the tar.gz file to be read. I get this...

Extracting tarball...................
    Done
    Extracting Domain....Done
    Sorry, the copy failed. Unable to find the cpanel user file. Is the archive missing (cwd: /backup/cpbackup/daily loaded isnkdcom/cp/isnkdcom)?
    Account Restore Failed...

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I can see it unpacked in /home/cprestore/isnkdcom but no account is being created. I can move things to the right place one by one but I was wanting a clean reinstall. Any ideas?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

What's the name of the backup file and how are you trying to restore it. If it's a cPanel UI backup, then you ought to be copying it to /home/ and then using WHM > Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file

3. helmishariff

helmishariff Member

It's happen to me too. I have copy the file to /home/ but still get same error. I tried cpmove-user.tar.gz and also with extract file cpmove-user. I have tried it using command line and WHM.