The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore Account Info Only?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crwilliams, Dec 9, 2007.

1. crwilliams

crwilliams Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2002
    I'm hoping to get some tips on the best way to restore accounts when I don't need to have the actual account content restored-- only the account/user information, etc.

I'm going to have to reload the OS on my main drive, but my accounts actually exist on my secondary drive, mounted as /home2. I have a third drive for backups, but when I remount the drives, the site files for the accounts will be ready and waiting anyway, so I don't see the need to run full restores to un-package accounts, and waste processing and time on all that. I'll also have a full mysql backup to put back, so I won't need to individually restore the accounts' databases, either (just the database user info for the accounts).

Is there a way to quickly restore just the account data, so that the passwords, individual users and account information is all I need to have the server restore? Does one of the WHM restore options allow for this, or something similar?

Thank you!