The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore and Backup problem [moved]

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by donrsad, Jun 4, 2005.

1. donrsad

donrsad Registered

Restore and Backup problem

I had a account on another cpanel box I used backup Full and does that backup everything even email accounts and stuff. Also I got a new account on a diffrent cpanel server. with a diffrent login and Biger server can I just not restore my old small account to this one? Also I did that and when I use browse and then upload it uploaded it to the main area when I ftp into my account. Do I need to move it all over or should it do all this for me. It put it in the main ftp home folder in a directory lable backup-6.3.2005_21-47-54_mrbone that the date and my old account name. Anyone know wht it did this and how do I do this should I just run a home back up and then a mysql or what do I need to do I read the back up Doc and lets see I did what it said and it did this. LOL Can you do a Full backup restore with out having ssh access. All I have is a cpanel account off a reseller? :confused: :confused:

#1 donrsad, Jun 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Only your hosting provider can restore that backup for you, otherwise, as you say, you'll have to do it manually.

3. donrsad

donrsad Registered

I don't want to sound wrong or anything so don't take this in anyway wrong. Just what the heck is the point in having it then. That is kind of BS and needs to be looked into. Pleask lets you do a full back up and restore when you want to. I figuer cpanel suck a better system that they would have that licked. Anyone know if there looking into this. I feel that this is a problem and needs to be looked at. If not I might just have to go with plesk later down the road :mad: .

4. snardi67

snardi67 Member

Umm .. I'm a host that has attempted several different ways of generating and restoring accounts using cpanel's backup feature to generate a full backup. Then i've attempted to reload the backups on the box using whm.

whm refuses to even see the backup. States there isn't one. And i end up having to manually decompress the tar.gz locally and ftp the files back into place. Some things refuse to work after a backup. Emails primarily, sql won't back up unless i copy the files locally then reupload them manually to the server then I have to manually go thru and add the sql users.

There must be something i'm doing wrong what it is I'm not sure. But it's very frustrating. Can someone explain how I am supposed to use whm to load a full backup of a site?