Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore backups manually

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Auron, Mar 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Auron

Auron Registered

HELP!

I had a server crash through hard drive failure and now have a replacement server up and running. Off-site backups have been copied to the new server but will not restore using full backup/cpmove file.

I get the following error:
    RESTORE: Account “atest”: Account Restore Failed: “Failed to extract the archive at “/home/atest.tar.gz”: The tar archive extraction failed because of the error “The “/usr/bin/gtar” command (process 4717) reported error number 2 when it ended.”: pigz: skipping: <stdin>: corrupted -- incomplete deflate data /usr/bin/gtar: Unexpected EOF in archive /usr/bin/gtar: Unexpected EOF in archive /usr/bin/gtar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now"

I suspect some of the files are corrupt in some way.

So now I have now manually re-added all the user accounts/domains in WHM and want to manually copy the backed up files to the user accounts. The backups have been unzipped.

Can someone please tell me how to do this??

Backups are currently stored in /home/backups

Many thanks
    CD

2. vacancy

vacancy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Files are compressed incorrectly. This may have been caused by a previous disk failure. Do you see any mistakes when you try to download and open the jammed file from your computer?

If there is a mistake again, there is not much to do. If you have older backups, you can use them.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator