The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore Backups not Restoring Databases

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dataferret, Apr 8, 2008.

1. dataferret

dataferret Member

My server suddenly has decided to terminate 52 accounts every day. I go into WHM and restore them but the databases are not being restored. I checked in the backup folder and they are the databases are there.

How can I force WHM to restore the databasesand what shell commands can I use to force the restore? It spent all day yesterday putting the server back to how it should be only to find the same problems today.

Grrrrr:mad:

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

your **server** decided to terminate 52 accounts? you may want to ask it why first?

3. dataferret

dataferret Member

I know why it suddenly decided to terminate the accounts. It is a problem with the billing system which the manufacturers are investigating for me. But I need to know how to restore the databases because this is a different problem with cPanel WHM and I do not know how to fix it :(.

Thanks

4. weetabix

weetabix Well-Known Member

might i ask which billing system? maybe can help other people around here.

5. dataferret

dataferret Member

I prefer not to slate anyone's software in a public forum simply because I experience a problem. It has been installed for a year without any issues whatsover. Hope you understand :)

6. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

well since the account termination process and restore process for that matter are related to cPanel and you posted in the cPanel official forum, some may conclude that cPanel was at fault for accounts getting terminated. I am glad to told us it's a billing system responsible.