The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

restore deleted account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by majidnt, Apr 15, 2006.

1. majidnt

majidnt Well-Known Member

i wrong in terminate account how can i restore it?
    i havent any backup!
    please help asap

2. compunet2

compunet2 Well-Known Member

No backup... your pretty much SOL. Sorry.

3. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That's what cpanel backups are for! No backups = bad luck Joe! :confused:

4. majidnt

majidnt Well-Known Member

my server cant make backup for 800 account :D CPU gona to hang
    i have SQL data but only need files!

5. sumith

sumith Well-Known Member

mmm.... you cannot do anything now without having the backups :(

6. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you can't do user backups, you should close down your hosting business and go do something else in life, period. Sorry to be a little abrupt, but if you can't be trusted to look after your user data then you shouldn't be running a server. If you think losing this one account is bad, wait till you lose a whole disk and all 800 accounts, which will happen at some point as server disks only have a standard lifetime of a few years at best. People can get very reliant on their webhosts over time. Just my opinion, feel free to ignore me.

If you can't run cpanel backups, that's understandable as they are very CPU intensive. There are other ways to back up user accounts, even though the cpanel backups are the most complete way of backing them up. For instance, rsync is one possibility that comes to mind. It may be that you have too many accounts on that one server if you can't back it up.

7. shanit

shanit Well-Known Member

before I got a server I used several different companies for hosting accounts. I was told every time it was my responsibility to make backups or it was stated in terms and they are not responsible for them if server is crashed etc.... so am I wrong if I say then they were bad hosts cause they don't make backups for clients?

8. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say you are wrong but If you lost your data and your host did not back it up, do you think you would continue service with them? I bet anyone would be shopping around.

But ultimately, a host needs to protect themselves. Under the worst case, say a drive totally destroyed and a backup somehow became corrupt, who is responsible for the hours of development work a client paid thousands of dollars for.

So yes, I believe ultimately in that case, a host should not be reliable provided they did not intentionally harm or dispose of the said data.

A small host can not afford NOT to backup. I seen many small hosts lose more than half their clients due to a crash and no recovery option.