The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore Drupal from Backup

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Peoplespaces, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Peoplespaces

Peoplespaces Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We had to restore a Drupal site from back up but drupal seems to have vanished although the files are there. Seems like maybe the database isn't connected as well. Any suggestions?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    How did you restore it, full account backup or just the drupal files? What are you seeing white pages or errors?
    Is the database there? You can check it via your cPanel > phpMyAdmin.

If the database is there and the files are there, you might reset the user for that DB password or create a new user and add him to the DB and then edit your config file for the site itself.

3. Peoplespaces

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The account was already there with errors. We did a restore with DB restore through the backup in cPanel using a backup file from 3 weeks ago. We did not recreate the account. What we see is the stylized page frame but the content area says page not found. Am at a bit of a loss with this.

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You have a full database backup from 3 weeks ago you think is fine. Upload just that sql file if you can to the account (outside public_html) and restore it via command line instead. Not sure if that'll help or not but is surely the best way to restore a db even if it's a small one.

I'm not up on Drupal these days, but surely if once that database is put back properly you should be able to go into it (via phpMyAdmin) and find the modules table or whatever its called and disable some features if needed. If one of them is causing the problems that might help.

Sorry I can't suggest more without knowing more of course. You might want to try the Drupal forums.

GL!

5. Peoplespaces

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have tried everything here including several different backups going back 5 months to no avail. Every backup restored shows the same thing, the template is displayed but no content. It leads me to think there is an issue with the backup/restore process not doing something right with MySQL.

Any help appreciated.

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Was the site using some sort of custom theme during the time the backup was taken, and is not now possibly? Grabbing at straws here trying to guess of course.

I do think your best bet is on the Drupal forums, but if you believe there may be an issue server side on this you might want to put in a ticket to cPanel support.

7. Peoplespaces

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks Infopro, that is our next step. Yes it is a cutom template but that still shows up. Also, I have had several techs look at this and none can understand why it is not working. If I get an answer I will post same.