Restore entire cPanel from S3 backup

Humphrey Mutai

Registered
May 9, 2016
Kenya
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The hard disks in my server are showing errors and need to be replaced. I have a full cpanel backup in AWS S3, done using the additional destination option in backup config, but there does not seem to be a tool to retrieve it back into the new and empty WHM once the new disks have been installed and cPanel reinstalled.
Please advise.

Humphrey Mutai

Registered
May 9, 2016
Kenya
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks a lot Anthony, I followed your instructions and we are back up and running. Only missing link is that system.tar file which has to be restored manually. I've unpacked it and it has many files in there, could you perhaps advise which ones are email related? We are having outgoing mail errors and would rather restore those than redo the system settings from scratch.
Thanks.

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks a lot Anthony, I followed your instructions and we are back up and running. Only missing link is that system.tar file which has to be restored manually. I've unpacked it and it has many files in there, could you perhaps advise which ones are email related? We are having outgoing mail errors and would rather restore those than redo the system settings from scratch.
Thanks.
I'd be happy to help! Could you confirm what email errors you are getting? This should help me advise you further.