The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore Full Website and Other Questions

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Sortiarius, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Sortiarius

Sortiarius Registered

Oct 9, 2010
    First of all, Thanks for all the wonderful information on this forum.

I am new to cPanel and have what is probably very basic questions. I tried finding via search my answers but ther eis just so much info here and my brain cell is hurting.

I am using with basic cPanel, and phpbb forum. cPanel has phpMyAdmin, and I am also using Filezilla to transfer files.

Without going into all the details of the problems I have had, my first question has to do with a full website restore.

This is what I sent to justhost support ...

"If I understand correctly, file backup-10.4.2010_01-42-29_username.tar.gz is t full website backup.

How do I restore the entire website?"

Their response was ...
    "Yes, that is the account full backup.It can be restored exclusively by support team per your request."

From reading the forums, it sounds like everyone is restoring their own files.
    So how do I do a full website back up without having to have the support group do it for me?

Next questions is .... Is there somewhere that has a list of all the file names, locations etc, and what they are for or what they are related to?

What files are backed up in cPanel, where do they go, and what all can be restored, and how?

Ya, I know, someone is gonna throw the book at me, but I will gladly catch and read it. Right now I am trying to find the right book!

Thanks ...