The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore messed up the cpanel login

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bin_asc, Feb 3, 2006.

1. bin_asc

bin_asc Well-Known Member

Hello people. I have a problem with an account. I copied an account from another server using the "copy an account with cpanel password option".K.The copying worked, but I can`t enter the acounts cpanel neither through www.domain.com:2082 nor using the WHM then switching account. Why ? the password doesn`t work.I tried changing the password from WHM, rebuilding /etc/passwd/ and nothing.It`s odd that ftp works. No problems with that. And one more thing. The account has reseller privileges.When I can`t login to the account, I`m taken to the cpanel form page, but all images are missing.This is only for this account.Strange.Please help me.I`m going crazy. :)

Regards,
    Adrian

2. vivek

vivek Well-Known Member

Hello,

You have to check into the domain into /etc/userdomains, /etc/trueuserdomain , also check the entries for user in /var/cpanel/users/username.

Vivek

3. bin_asc

Still not working.I changed some data in /var/cpanel/users/username as it was wrong, restarted cpanel services but still nothing.Password through cpanel is still not accepted.

4. bin_asc

No one ? Come one, I need professional ideas and solutions.