restore website backup on local wamp

chanklish

May 22, 2015
kinshasa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
hello
backed up my website using the website backup tool in cpanel but when i am not able to open to wamp?
i know this is not a cpanel issue - but can anyone guide me on how to restore the tar.gz to wamp ?
thank you

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
You can't. To do what you seek, you really only need the contents of public_html where your website it located, and the associated database for the website if there is one. A full cPanel backup contains many system files your local server has no use for.

You'd unpack the public_html to your local public_html and import that database backup via phpMyAdmin for example, on your local server.

chanklish

May 22, 2015
kinshasa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You can't. To do what you seek, you really only need the contents of public_html where your website it located, and the associated database for the website if there is one. A full cPanel backup contains many system files your local server has no use for.

You'd unpack the public_html to your local public_html and import that database backup via phpMyAdmin for example, on your local server.
i imported the database with the same name , user and pass ..i can see the tables and all
then i copied public-html to wamp www directory
what next ?