Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Restored account password

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swbrains, May 9, 2018.

1. swbrains

swbrains Well-Known Member

Hi,

In the past, I have successfully restored many accounts from a server backup using cPanel's Restore Account process from inside WHM. Today I restored one, but after restoring it, I tried to FTP into the site but the password was not correct, even though I know I correctly entered the password for the account. I was able to reset the password from within WHM by listing the accounts and editing the password from the expanded account listing.

Anyway, is there any reason that an account password might not be restored properly when the account itself is restored using cPanel's Restore Account process?

Thanks!

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    No, cpanel backup works in a way that it backups the data information on the very moment, and the password also remains the same.. A password reset worked for you, so it may be the passwords when the backup was taken was different.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @swbrains

Was there anything in the transfer logs that indicated that the password had been changed? The only thing I can potentially think of that may cause this to occur would be the password strength requirements being different, but even then I believe it'd be logged as such.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...