The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restored Email...

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by 4u123, Apr 9, 2015.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I've noticed that since the new backup system was developed, a restore of an account now causes the user to lose all recent mail that is in their accounts since the date of the backup.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure in the previous system, mail restored from a week ago wouldn't interfere with any existing messages, so you could safely restore the customers files and retain their most recent messages.

I'd like to know what is the exact intended behaviour of this. I notice if the option to "Restore Mail Configuration" now has the effect of deleting all Email accounts and I'm sure that wasn't the case before either.

Could someone possibly clarify?

2. madmanmachines

madmanmachines Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

It was my understanding that an account restore would restore the account exactly as it was when the backup was made, including mail. It would be an excellent toggle feature, though.

Thanks,

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The goal of the backup restoration process is to restore the account to it's exact state at the time of the backup generation. It's not designed to maintain new files that were created after the backup generation occurred. You are welcome to open a feature request for this, or you may also find the following feature request suitable:

http://features.cpanel.net/response...n-restore-specific-parts-of-my-site-versus-th

Thank you.