The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

restored mutiple accounts; now some email account passwords not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by boatdesign, Feb 16, 2007.

1. boatdesign

boatdesign Well-Known Member

Yesterday restored 41 accounts from WHM weekly backup (incremental) using WHM's multiple account restore function.

Everything went fine, no errors reported. But now 4 people reported that their email passwords are not working so I've had to manually rest those (1 of my own mail accounts had this problem.)

Interestingly when you go to cpanel and click the "reset password" image next to the account, then enter the original password and hit the button to reset it, the first response is "
    The e-mail account account@domain.com-removed-for-forum-post was successfully modified. Sorry the account account@domain.com-removed-for-forum-post already exists! " -- do it a second time and it resets password without error.

Many of the email accounts do in fact work fine after the restore however.

Any ideas?

#1 boatdesign, Feb 16, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  2. boatdesign

boatdesign Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find a pattern. Most accounts work fine, but some are being hit with the password error on the receive side and others on the send side. The only solution I've found is to manually reset the affected passwords from cpanel. Any ideas?