The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

restorepkg with ip?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by creos, Sep 29, 2005.

1. creos

creos Active Member

is there a command/way to issue /scripts/restorepkg to force it to use an IP when restoring the package?

I'm doing a pkgaccnt and manually migrating since the tarballs are large 5+gb and cpanel interface hangs.

The restorepkg seems to work beautifully, just puts everything on the main shared virtual hosting ip.

2. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

You can select change site IP address after the restore if it is a full cpmove restore you are doing. If you are doing a normal restore from the WHM backup there is an option to give the account an IP.

3. Whydo_NT

Whydo_NT Registered

I have a great ammount of cpmove files and I need to restore them with dedicated Ip and SSl. I do not like the idea of configuring each account manually after restoring. I guess there must be a restore function with dedicated Ip with the help of whostmgr2 because WHM->Copy an account from another server can do it. Please share this info with me, if it's not a secret. Your help is greatly appreciated. :)

4. big

big Well-Known Member

Code:
    /scripts/restorepkg –ip=y username
    does the trick