Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Restoring a backup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WaysoftheJedi, Jan 10, 2005.

1. WaysoftheJedi

WaysoftheJedi Member

I downloaded a backup of my server on my old host, and uploaded it to my new host using the 'Restore Backup' feature.

All it did was unzip the backup file -- and didn't put it in the appropriate places...
    ex: sql databases didn't get installed, users didn't get installed, mail/addresses weren't set up.

i thought that was what Full Backup was. Anyone successfully restored a backup like this?

Thanks in advance! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WaysoftheJedi

WaysoftheJedi Member

anyone? :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It's not quite clear what you downloaded, but if you downloaded a full backup from the cpanel backup page, that can only be restored by your server admin. A limitation of cpanel is that it's not possible for mere mortals to restore it unfortunately.