The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring a Daily/Weekly Backup

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by hitechsites, Nov 13, 2008.

1. hitechsites

hitechsites Registered

We had a dedicated backup drive that was being used till sometime back to do daily backups via Cpanel's Backup feature ( Drive was Mapped as /backup ) However, recently we disabled the backup since the backup file became almost full. We wanted to restore / reconfigure the backup feature now.

My questions are :

(1) How do I restore a backup from this drive ? When I use the Restore Backups option and then select any of the options ( Daily/Weekly/Monthly) on the next screen I am asked to select a User to Restore - but there are no Users listed and there is no option to type in a user's name. So how to restore from this backup drive ?
    I checked the backup drive and all the backups are there on the drive.

(2) Can we just delete all the old backup folders and start from scratch with a new backup strategy ? Will this cause any problems.

Thanks
    Ron

2. lngtanseco

lngtanseco Well-Known Member

Am not exactly sure if I understand what you did.

Below are some hint that might help.

WHM >> Backup >> Configure Backup

In WHM, is backup properly configured and enabled?

You may want to double check that Backup Destination is setup to /backup again, then ensure all cpbackup files are in there.

/backup/cpbackup/daily
    /backup/cpbackup/weekly
    /backup/cpbackup/montly

3. hitechsites

hitechsites Registered

Thanks for your reply but I fixed the problem myself. The problem was that the Backup had been reconfigured to use FTP instead of the Standard option (after the drive had become full). So Cpanel could not locate the current folders on the hard drive and retreive the usernames. After I changed the Backup to use the standard option, the Restore shows the usernames.

Thanks