Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Restoring a full cpanel backup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NeutralGold, Jun 17, 2003.

1. NeutralGold

NeutralGold Well-Known Member

Anyone succesfully do this? I tried to restore a full backup on a recreated account and after it uploaded, i saw the contents of the restore being displayed via the web window, I go to the site and nothing was restored.. I browse around via ssh to the directory and I see a folder that i'm guessing the files get untared to and then copied over to there correct location, the name of the folder is "backup-5.17.2003_11-08-22_design".. Now none of the files are restarted and I'm lost as to what to do.. I submitted a support request so maybe i'll get some help that way eventually allthought I've did my job of searching this forum to no avail..

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 16140

2. mainarea

mainarea Active Member

I chatted with Nick the other day, he said there's no way to do it automatically, you have to un-gzip it and move the files manually.

- Matt

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

3. NeutralGold

NeutralGold Well-Known Member

jeez, lol this is gonna suck ass.. Thanks for your reply..

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: