Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Restoring accounts from backup and database users

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by greatwitenorth, Jan 15, 2019.

1. greatwitenorth

greatwitenorth Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm going through the process of restoring an account from an offsite incremental backup. So far I've rysnced over the backed up data to the new server, then I've done a restore via:

Code:
    /scripts/restorepkg accounts/myuser
    This all worked great. But I noticed that none of the database users for the account has been recreated. I'm testing out this procedure since we want to be prepared if we need to restore an entire server. Does this mean I'd need to manually re-create the db users and passwords for hundreds of accounts in the event of a server failure?

Also note that I do in fact have system backups, but I don't see any documentation on how I'd restore all the database users from these backups.

Can anyone provide some insight on how to restore the database users from either the account or system backups?

2. greatwitenorth

greatwitenorth Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So not sure what happened, but when I deleted the account and ran the script again all the mysql user accounts were recreated.

3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @greatwitenorth

When you restore using a cPanel backup through cPanel (or using the script) it automatically restores the database users as well as the databases. You shouldn't need to restore the users on the same system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...