The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring accounts with "-" in username

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duncan, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Duncan

Duncan Member

This is quite an annoying issue, since CPanel doesn't stop the user from creating usernames with "-" in it, but as soon as you try to restore such an accounts backup file it will come up with an error right away noting that it's not possible to restore an account which has "-" in its username.

Is there some kind of workaround possible?
    So far I either recreated the accounts and restored the data manually, or I changed the accounts backup data and removed the "-" from the username, packed it again and added it into the daily backup dir to restore it via WHM.

The easiest solution I could think of would be that CPanel actually uses the same rules throughout all its functions, so that issues such as these can be prevented.

2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The situation is definitely a 'bug' and should be reported as such. Other than doing the workaround mentioned it's about the only thing one can do. :(

3. Duncan

Duncan Member

Yeah,
    I submitted a bug report right after posting in here.

Just thought that maybe s.o. had other ideas about this problem.

4. Duncan

Duncan Member

Actually the issue has been fixed by CPanel already - it turned out that the accounts I just experienced it were created before that fix. DOH! :rolleyes: