Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Restoring an account - Where do I uplkoad the file ?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by SecondSight, Jan 1, 2009.

1. SecondSight

SecondSight Well-Known Member

Hello ! :)

I backed up one account using CPanel and I downloaded the backup-12.22.2008_08-16-53_mywebsite.tar.gz file on my computer.

Then I repartitionned my server and re-installed the system.

Now, I would like to know : is it possible to recreate this account using WHM/Cpanel ?

The first thing I have to do is uploading the tar.gz file on the server, but I don't know where I must upload the file...

Can you help me ?

Thank you ! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Voltar

Voltar Well-Known Member

Upload the file to the /home directory on the new server, to into WHM >> Backup >> Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file and it should list the file you uploaded.

Just enter the username of the account and hit restore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SecondSight

SecondSight Well-Known Member

It looked like it worked in WHM, but I noticed some folders and all php files which were located in the public_html directory had not been backed up... So I wonder what mistake I made.
    I tired uploading the missing files through FTP, but then I got a white page with just this error : "Error establishing a database connection".

So I will re-install everything from scratch (it was just a test site).