Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring backup on server's primary account

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by cpatafio, Feb 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. cpatafio

cpatafio Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just setup a new VPS (from Bluehost) using our client's domain name as the Primary Domain.

I need to move the client website from the source VPS to the new target VPS. The domain name (and cpanel user name) for the source account are exactly the same as the domain name used (and cpanel user name created on) the target.

I've created a full cpanel backup of the account on the source and uploaded it to the /home directory of the target. If I use cpmove to restore the account to the target VPS, will this cause an issue since it will overwrite the existing (empty) account?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Clem

2. SB-Nick

SB-Nick Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Not sure why you arent using WHM > Transfers to migrate the account. Anyway, if you are going to restore the account through cli, make sure you use /scripts/restorepkg --force when restoring the account.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Was any data populated with the account on the destination server? If not, you can simply terminate the account on the destination server before transferring/restoring it from the source server:

"WHM >> Accounts Functions >> Terminate Accounts"

Then, once you restore or transfer the account, ensure the "A" records for NS1/NS2 and the server's hostname are updated.

Thank you.