The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring Backup

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by ephlox, Nov 5, 2005.

1. ephlox

ephlox Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I need help with restoring backup. I have generated full backup. Now i want to restore it. Actually i got some problem so i am thinking to Recreate account. So i will have to restore my full backup. Please let me know 2 method to restore full backup.

1) with control panel.
    2) with shell.

My internet service is not fast. it is very slow. i dont think i can restore backup with control panel. so i will restore it with shell access.

I am root. i have all permissions.

Please reply me asap thanks.

Best Regards from,
    Farrukh Hussain

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Not sure I understand. If you're the server adminh, then you can simply use the WHM > Restore Backups, option.

If you're an end-user you have to ask your web hosting provider to perform the restore from the cPanel backup that you created.

3. DigitalSurgeon

DigitalSurgeon Well-Known Member

If you have generated the full backup from the CPanel > Generate/Download full backup then that can only be restored by the adminsitrators.As chirpy said that if you are the Server Admin then place that tar.gz in /home and use the WHM > Backup > Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file, specify the username and it will restore the entire backup