The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

restoring backups? [moved]

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Absorb, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Absorb

Absorb Registered

restoring backups?

Hey ive just recently gotten a small reseller account for all my sites. I did a backup of my first site, then i went into the account's phpmyadmin to import... its blocked? so i went into cpanel, clicked backup, the upload mysql database, and it sits there on this page "Restoring Database" with alittle black arrow on the left, is this how its suppose to be? i left it sitting there for atleast 30mins and it did not seem to do anything. i checked phpmyadmin, and it didnt make a database. Am i doing something wrong?

And another question, im trying to log into my server via ssh so i open up telnet and put in the ip but it says it could not make a connection, through port 23. Is this is just a router error? I just have to foward port 23?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

SSH normally runs on port 22, not port 23, though your hosting provider may use a different port.

As for the other issue, as you're a reseller you're probably best asking your web hosting provider where the problem might be.

3. Absorb

Absorb Registered

Does anyone have any ideas? Ive sent about 2 tickets to resellerzoom, they told me stuff i already know... this is extremely fustrating, is it that hard to import a database?

4. WestBend

WestBend Well-Known Member

I have the same exact issue . I am trying to restore a backup that dates back to 9/2004 (Dont ask) which means it was generated by a much earlier version of Cpanel.

Unfortunately even though it comes down as .gz its not a gzip file so i cant even get the SQL out of the file and do it manually or via line command.

It sits on the page saying opening : https://www.domain.com:2083/frontend/x/backup/dosqlupload.html. Once it appears to have uploaded it opens the page dosqlupload.html which has a big vertical black arrow and says restoring database but the browser says Done in the status bar.

When I check in WHM -> PHPMyadmin or the via the accounts cpanel -> phpmyadmin i find it has created a database, no user and zero tables.

The File is 5Mbs in size.

Anyone else have this issue? This is urgent!

WHM 10.6.0 cPanel 10.8.0-R27
    RedHat Enterprise 3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

#4 WestBend, Sep 26, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2005