The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring backups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bgardmore, Mar 17, 2004.

1. bgardmore

bgardmore Member

Hi,
    I have a daily backup running via ftp to a remote server, backups are done and all is well, however when I try to restore a backup I get the error message
    "Sorry, there are no backups located at //cpbackup!"

I have checked the conf file and everything seems right, have I missed a setting somewhere ?

2. Boots

Boots Member

Just did this the other day

make sure your backups are enabled.

make sure you have a /backup directory (or different if you specify in the backup config

put your ftp backups in that directory and you can restore them

ie: whm ftp creates /cpbackup/daily on the remote ftp.. put that entire structure into the /backup directory and then try to restore.

3. bgardmore

bgardmore Member

Nope, not gtting this at all

Originally I had only "/" in the configuration for the backup and the backups were created on the remote server in /cpbackup/daily
    I tried moving the .tar.gz files into the /cpbackup directory but still Cpanel tells me it cannot find any backups in /cpbackup

I tried the above and created a /backup/cpbackup/daily file structure on the remote server and changed the configuration to /backup again the backup files are created fine but when going to restore them I am confronted by sorry there are no backups located at /backup/cpbackup ( yes I even tried moving some out of the daily directory directly to the cpbackup directory.

I know this must be user error but the logid defeats me