The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring cPanel files manually after server crash

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by DEVNEB, Nov 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DEVNEB

DEVNEB Member

My server just crashed and I did reinstall everything from scratch.

Hopefully, I had a backup of the /home/* cpanel accounts directory (I mean the pure homedir, not the cpanel backup folder/file). And I have also older cpanel backup that I can use to bring back what is missing (but this backup is not up to date).

I have also a backup of MySQL databases and right now all the sites are working, this part is fine.

My problem reside with the emails address and their respective content/access/etc...

Let just say I have an account named "foo" with the domain name "foo.com". In /home/foo I have copied the mail directory from my backup. In the cPanel of the foo's account, I can see all the email addresses listed, but in fact they don't really exists completely (I cannot change the password, nor access the Webmail, nor delete it *). What is missing ?

How can recreate the link between those partial data (I assume /home/foo/mail has all the messages, but I'm not sure)?

Can you help me, I'm stuck. Thanks in advance!

* For example, the error message when changing password is: (XID hj8r3z) You do not have an email account named “admin@foo.com”.

2. DEVNEB

DEVNEB Member

I have found that I can recreate the "missing link" between any email address by attempting to create it again. cPanel will the display that the account already exists, but then all the problems will be resolved.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    DEVNEB likes this.