The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring Cpanel Settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by optize, May 4, 2005.

1. optize

optize Well-Known Member

I've searched everywhere for this but couldn't find anything.

Is there a way to restore all cpanel settings if your drive crashes. I've seen HOWTO's on how to get your Cpanel settings back if you have your old drive still in the machine but not if the drive crashes.

I see you can restore accounts if it crashes (if you do daily/weekly backups) but no where do I see where you can restore all cpanel settings (packages, server settings, etc).

Thanks,
    -t

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The full backup contains pretty much what you would need. The account backups are there, and the files and directories you're going to need are in the files/ and dirs/ subdirectories of the backups - I don't believe that you have those if you use FTP backups, these are in full backups to local disk.

3. optize

optize Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not doing FTP backups. I'm just doing another HD backups. I had those files:

root@s01 [/backup/cpbackup]# cd daily/
    root@s01 [/backup/cpbackup/daily]# ls -al
    total 23376
    drwx--x--x 7 root root 4096 May 4 13:42 ./
    drwx--x--x 5 root root 4096 May 4 10:09 ../
    drwx------ 2 root root 4096 May 4 10:09 dirs/
    drwx------ 2 root root 4096 May 4 10:08 files/

But, when I go to full backup menu, I get:

Possible cpmove archives found:
    None!

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're looking for here. The files and directories eithin the files/ and dirs/ subdirectories have to be restored by hand, there's no WHM interface to restore those. Or are you saying that you don't have any user account backups?

5. optize

optize Well-Known Member

That was the answer I wanted. I wanted to know if you had to do them manually or if there was some script that would take care of it for you.

Thanks,
    -t

6. FourMat

FourMat Active Member

Hi Guys,

I have just had a server crash and while I have all of the accounts restored and running, I haven't restored the original server settings.

Let me be known that I consider myself alinux newbie, but know enough to get around. I'm just fuzzy on the specifics. I understand that I have to restore the files manually, but I was wondering if someone could give me a primer on the tar commands that I could use to easily return the setting files from the files and dirs directories back into their original locations from a secondary backup drive. Thanks.