Restoring Database from Backup Problem

simon87

Registered
Aug 24, 2016
Argentina
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, I recently had a problem with a database that got corrupted (it has InnoDB tables).

I tried restoring a backup, didn't know that on my settings I had the option 'per account only'. By the way, I am getting desperate because I see only one table is being restored, missing the rest of the tables and posts (it is a Wordpress site). Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you so much for any help.

SysSachin

Aug 23, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hi,

May I know which backup you have configured on your server. I mean it's Incremental Backup or Compress Account Backups ?

If it's Compress Backups then you have to extract the backup and restore database.

simon87

Registered
Aug 24, 2016
Argentina
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi SysSachin, thanks so much for your answer.

It is a Compressed backup, I already did that, but for some reason the mysql file is just a 5kb dump with the structure of one table, it has no sense. Any ideas?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

It's possible the InnoDB corruption prevented a successful backup of the database. Do you have any other backups available? If not, you may want to try repairing the InnoDB using the instructions in the following thread if the database still exists in it's corrupted state:

InnoDB Corruption Repair Guide

Thank you.

ruzbehraja

May 19, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
One possibility is that before restoring that table, you have missed

Code:
 mysql> SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;
But if your backup is not complete, then there's no question of trying to restore it successfully.