The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring databases WITHOUT a cpanel back-up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by suprat, Jun 24, 2004.

1. suprat

suprat Registered

Sorry if replicated but haven't really seen an answer after searching forums here.

Situation - Server crashed doesn't reboot, new os install. All data is on old drive. I have no back-ups of anything (stupid I know, lesson learn hardway). Have access to data via secondary drive mounted as /backup.

Easy enough to get the sites. I was told to create a new site with WHM and then copy data. Well that works, but no databases. Was told to create the databases manually with Cpanel for each domain, then import/dump. Then get all the user names and passwordsfor each database to restore.

Isn't there an easier way to do this?

Help please?

2. gordita

gordita Well-Known Member

Yeah, you could just create the databases required for each customer and then copy your backups of /var/lib/mysql/USERDATEABASE into the new /var/lib/mysql/USERDATABASE folder... that saves on that running the sql imports.

... you do have to have copies of the .frm, .MYI and .MYsomething else to make this work.

Hope this helps

3. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    added note once you copy those files over make sure and do a chown -R mysql:mysql /var/lib/mysql

4. suprat

suprat Registered

OK thanks.

But no scripts or something out there?

5. suprat

suprat Registered

Wow thanks guys. That was the last steps that caused everything NOT to work. Once I ran that... POOF magic

Thanks