Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

restoring exim.conf from a backup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hforbess, Nov 9, 2005.

1. hforbess

hforbess Member

Had trouble with exim a couple of days ago. One of the things I tried was to restore it to default. Turns out it was a network issue that we percieved as an exim problem.

Fine. no problem. I will just restore my exim.conf from the backups.
    I put alot of tweaks in that exim.conf. And too many to go back and put everything in line by line in WHM.

I have cp my backup exim.conf to /etc/exim.conf.buidtest and ran /scripts/buildeximconf, but that does appear to do anything. I have also copied to just /etc/exim.conf but when I restart exim, the exim.conf gets overwritten.

There has got to be a way to restore an exim.conf backup.

I normally just try to figure everything myself but this is at work, and im kinda in a time crunch.

Any help would be appreciated.

hf

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You need to restore (if you have it backed up) /etc/exim.conf.local which contains customisations made through the exim configuration editor. Once it is back in place, run:

/scripts/buildeximconf

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hforbess

hforbess Member

thanks Chirpy!

:) Yes, that did it. Thanks!