The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring Home Directory

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Penn, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Penn

Penn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi there guys,

I recently had a bit of a disaster on a website. I thought I had made a backup of the database but it seemed that it was only a partial backup so was useless. However, I then found a couple of home directory and SQL database backups I have made through my cPanel. Thankfully these were only made in August so I won't lose too much information from my website. I went into cPanel and use the restore function for both the home directory and the database. Everything seemed to work, I got all the information, as it should do. However, the website public_HTML directory is still empty. However, I found the upload in the temp folder. But it isn't any kind of file that I can open. I wonder if someone knows what's happened and can possibly point me in the right direction.

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :),

If you have backup of your public_html directory then you can directly upload your all files and folder through FTP from your local PC to your cPanel account.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

What's the name of the archive you attempted to restore the home directory from? For instance, it's possible that it's a backup of the entire account.

Thank you.