The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring packages to accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spcook, Sep 9, 2009.

1. spcook

spcook Registered

Hey got a problem I can't find a fix for:

Just did a server migration from one to another, copying over all accounts/data/settings. Everything worked out well except for the packages. All the packages got moved over and they are still setting quotas and feature sets properly except that under List Accounts it is showing many of the account packages as "unknown" while some do have the correct packages listed.

Is there a way to force cPanel/WHM to restore those listed packages or some other script or setting that I am missing?

Thanks for your time!

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

The features and packages are actually not migrated!

Instead, the original limits and package name are stored but the
    actual package and feature lists themselves are not transferred.

You can actually go grab the files on your old server and manually
    transfer them if you would like your old package on your new server:

/var/cpanel/features
    /var/cpanel/packages

I think Cpanel designed things this way to prevent conflicts and / or overwriting of existing plans and features when moving one account to another.

3. dannydesiliva

dannydesiliva Member

Hi,

I work with Alex on the same project, and I think I have narrowed down the problem. We have views that reference functions in a package within the same schema. Some reason pg_restore/pg_dump does not recognize the dependencies between this view we have and the function that exist in a package. We have the -o specified in our pg_dump script, and I am assuming the current pg_restore command defaults to oid-order. I remember the older version of pg_restore allows you specific the item restore order. Is there a way get around this problem???

Ken

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regards..

snoozer bed | washington printers | how to beat a drug test

#3 dannydesiliva, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  4. tata13

tata13 Active Member

I have this problem to

i can fix this by upgrading the account to the account package. but i cannot do it for multiple account . Is there any quick way for fix packages account

5. botakedan

botakedan Member

could you please help with the command line to grab that packages and features ?