The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring rcync backups to a new server has some errors everytime.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2002
    LA, Costa RIca
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When I restore my back ups from cpanel's rcync back up there is two errors every time.

1. MySQL users are not recreated. The database is there and fine but the user is never restored leaving all mysql failed until the user is recreated.

2. Add-on domains new dns will not recreate. I assume it's because I have dns cluster and the dns zone already exists which make cpanel stop when needing to recreate the add-on dns. I think cpanel thinks the dns is owned by someone else. If so how can I have cpanel force overwriting existing dns during a back up restore.
  2. d_t

d_t Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2003
    There is no such thing as "cPanel rsync backup" but I presume you activated inremental backups in cPanel then rsync files to a backup server.

1. MySQL users & passwords are stored in a file called mysql.sql in the root of backup folder for each user. Like /backup/cpbackup/daily/sampleuser/mysql.sql
    Check that file if contains one or more GRANT lines and import them in mysql, if is necessary (with mysql mysql < mysql.sql)

2. check cpanel error logs ( /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log ) to see if there's any problem with zone import. As far as I know, there is no option to force zone overwrite, but you can ensure they are removed before restoring backups.