Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Restoring sites [moved]

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by jumbo1, Jan 9, 2006.

1. jumbo1

jumbo1 Registered

Restoring sites

I have read many threads here talking about that problem, especially the problem of full backups that only the hosting company that restore..

well, if i backup the home dir and all the MySQL databases and all the aliases and filters, and then i restore all of them on the new server, isn't this equivalent to making a full backup and then restoring it??

And what are exactly those aliases/filters??

2. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I dont think that is a good idea..When you take the full back Cpanel makes sure that all the files along with the account configuations has been backed up... If you do a manual backup you might forget one entry (as there are plenty of them you never know of), you might either loose some information(eg: mails) or some times your new account may not funtion properly.. Coz you cannot created every thing manually..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...