Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring Website Question

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by danieltavern, Jan 11, 2017.

1. danieltavern

danieltavern Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,
    I am very new to development. The developer that i worked with has deleted the entire content of my website. He does not have cpanel password, and godaddy password. However, he said he has some script using which he can still delete the content. When the website was made, he had access to cpanel, and godaddy account details. Maybe he has used it to reset the password. I am not sure. I want to restore the latest content that he has deleted, since my website now says FORBIDDEN. It is not opening. How can i do it and also remove that script or protect my website from this developer? Please help. It is very urgent.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You will need to reach out to your web hosting provider to see if a backup of your account is available. If so, they can restore it for you to restore the files. At that point, you'll need to ensure any available methods of accessing the account or using the script to remove files is revoked for that user.

Thank you.