Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Retrieve email quota with <cpanel... function

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Gino Viroli, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Gino Viroli

Gino Viroli Well-Known Member

SOLVED: Retrieve email quota with <?cp... function

Hello, I'm branding my lovely CP to provide a nice looking interface to my customers.

I would like to show in webmail main page (the one: https://...:2096/webmail/x3/index.html) the quota of the currently looged in mail account.

I thought to just write it out in a <div> block inside the stdmheader.html. I know stdmheader.html is rendered also in pages other than the webmail main page, but I will take care of this later.

So I suppose I could add in the stdmheader.html some sort of line like:

HTML:
    <div id="quote"><?cp Email="...></div>

but what exactly should I write in the cpanel tag line? :confused:
    I looked everywhere, in forum, in documentation, in code, but I can't find out the solution.

Plz help, I would really appreciate it! :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I found the solution by myself :p yepppyaieeeeeeeeee:

We can simply add to stdmheader.html branding this line:

HTML:
    <div id="cp_mail_quota"><?cp Email::listpopswithdisk(% % % email,diskused,diskquota) ?></div>
    just before the line:
    HTML:
    <!-- <div class="clearitsm">&nbsp;</div> -->
    I start to understand the lovely CP, and I love it more and more! :D

#1 Gino Viroli, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  2. XenomediaBV

XenomediaBV Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Request for implementation in X3

Nice! Showing diskused and diskquota at the start screen of webmail is an very customer-friendly addition.

It would be nice if this can be implemented in de default X3 "http://webmail.domain.com/webmail/x3/"-page.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gino Viroli

Gino Viroli Well-Known Member

WARNING this does not work anymore since cPanel 11.25.
    Clueless about the reason!

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    For this to be considered I recommend posting a feature request in the following forums area; this will help to ensure greater attention and visibility for the idea while allowing more people to contribute feedback and suggestions for implementation: Feature Requests for cPanel and WHM - cPanel Forums

I was able to use the following steps to have the e-mail account disk usage and quota displayed after logging-into webmail:
    1. Clone cPanel x3 theme to x3custom (via WHM: Main >> Themes >> Universal Theme Manager)
    2. Clone Webmail x3 theme to x3custom (via WHM: Main >> Themes >> Universal Theme Manager)
    3. Set the desired cPanel accounts to use the new theme (by editing their packages via WHM: Main >> Packages >> Edit a Package); this will ensure any custom changes take effect and are not reverted.
    4. In the new webmail theme x3custom edit index.html and add the following:
      Code:
      <cpanel langprint="usage"></span>: <?cp Email::getdiskusage(%,diskused) ?> <acronym title="<cpanel langprint="EAdoaddmegs">">MB</acronym>
      <br>
      <cpanel langprint="quota_title">: <cpanel Email="getpopquota()"> <acronym title="<cpanel langprint="EAdoaddmegs">">MB</acronym>
      As an example, here is a before and after view of the surrounding area that I modified in the file "index.html" of the webmail x3 theme:
      Before:
      Code:
      <div align="center">
      <p><cpanel langprint="cpanel-loggedin"> <span class="status"><cpanel print="$authuser"></span></p>
      </div>
      <br><br>
      After:
      Code:
      <div align="center">
      <p><cpanel langprint="cpanel-loggedin"> <span class="status"><cpanel print="$authuser"></span></p>
      <cpanel langprint="usage"></span>: <?cp Email::getdiskusage(%,diskused) ?> <acronym title="<cpanel langprint="EAdoaddmegs">">MB</acronym>
      <br>
      <cpanel langprint="quota_title">: <cpanel Email="getpopquota()"> <acronym title="<cpanel langprint="EAdoaddmegs">">MB</acronym>
      </div>
      <br><br>
      For reference, here is the full path to the file that was modified:
      Code:
      /usr/local/cpanel/base/webmail/x3custom/index.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 cPanelDon, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010