The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverse DNS Aggrivation

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by wsenter, Dec 4, 2003.

1. wsenter

wsenter Well-Known Member

When I try to route mail to the infamous AOL, I get the "No Route" message.

The first thing that everyone jumps on is "get you isp to add the route for you". OK, I did that. I still get the same messages.

I used dnsreports.com and dnsstuff.com utilitys to check for reverse DNS entries. Both report everything cool.

Does anyone have any idea's or anything else I can check ?
    I'm at a loss with this.

2. unixnj

unixnj Member

Hello,

I understand your frustration...I've had problems with AOl in the past...the best thing I've found is to actually just give them a call...usually they can tell you exactly what you need or where the problem is occuring.

3. wsenter

wsenter Well-Known Member

AOL Postmaster Contacted

Well, I finally got around to contacting the AOL postmaster at 703-265-4670. They checked my IP addresses and host names for correct rdns operation. They also found no problems.

Now, I have customers threatning to quit our service. Maybe someone who reads this can shed light on what the problem may be........

I started with (1) CPanel Server setup as both primary and seconday DNS using the ISP's DNS servers as the "resolvers". The ISP added the reverse DNS record for my host name and all was cool. AOL emails worked fine.

Then..... I decided to add a second CPanel server and set it up as a "slave" DNS server. So, I converted the original server from both Pri and Sec with ISP as resolver to its own stand-alone Master DNS Server. Then, I setup the new server as a "slave" and had the ISP add this new host name's reverse lookup also. Setup trust key and replicated ok. EXIM is running on both servers (I don't know if that has something to do with this problem or not). Everything is working good, no problems. Just AOL customers. And, my servers are not blocked as a spammer. Already checked that.

If anyone who reads this could maybe recommend anything, I would surely appreciate it. I hate the thought of having to stoop to running Ensim again over AOL email.

thanks