The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverse Trust Relationship on DNS Only servers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by wintech2003, Sep 3, 2015.

1. wintech2003

wintech2003 Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

We have several cPanel webservers, setup in Cluster DNS mode with 2 x DNS Only servers.
    Until recently, my DNS Only servers would show all the cPanel servers that are "connected" with them as Standalone.
    Today, I logged into both my DNS Only servers and they're saying "There are currently no servers in your DNS cluster."

Even if I go into one of my cPanel servers and re-add one of the DNS Only servers with "Setup Reverse Trust Relationship" checked, I get a message that everything went OK (see attached screenshot) but the cPanel DNS Only server still reports that there are no server in the DNS cluster.

A couple of months ago (when DNS Only was still at 11.48) I'm sure everything was OK - now my DNS Only servers are on 11.50.0 (build 30), is it possible that the update broke the DNS cluster database? A upcp --force didn't change the situation.

There doesn't seem to be any issue with our Cluster, everything is working fine and DNS records changes sync with the DNS Only servers. I just wanted to know if there's is something I can do to "fix" the "no servers in your DNS cluster" error, or if I should add the cPanel webservers to the DNS Only servers manually.

Kind regards,
    George T.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can access the DNS-Only server via SSH and review the configuration files in the following directory:

Code:
    /var/cpanel/cluster/root/config/
    Do the files for the remote hosting servers that sync to the DNS-Only servers exist?

Thank you.

3. Clouseau

Clouseau Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have the same problem. The DNSolny has the zones but there is no coniguration of MAIN server in
    /var/cpanel/cluster/root/config/
    I have only a file named "IP of the main server" with this inside:
    root
    hostname.domain.tld

The Setup Reverse Trust Relationship should create on dnsonly server entry for my MAIN server but there is no entry.
    In /var/cpanel/cluster/root/config/ should also be a file named IPOFMAINSERVER-dnsrole

Any idea?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Can you reproduce the issue if you delete and add the server to the cluster again with the "Setup Reverse Trust Relation" option enabled?

Thank you.