Revert Server Settings back from 5.7 to 5.6

arozana

Registered
Nov 20, 2019
istanbul
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

First of all it is my first post on this forum and want to greetings all of you.

My problem is :

I upgraded mysql from 5.6 to 5.7 because i was recieving emails every night at 5am.

After i upgrade mysql my application stopped working, and i need to revert Server Settings back from 5.7 to 5.6. Because i have no knowledge about changes in queries and other settings..
Can you please help me about the situation ASAP please..

My application is like Uber, and i am really desperate right now..

arozana

Registered
Nov 20, 2019
istanbul
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

A few days ago i have upgraded MySQL from 5.6 to 5.7 and now my application is not working properly i have no idea what to change or what to do..
Can you please guide me about this situation

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

A few days ago i have upgraded MySQL from 5.6 to 5.7 and now my application is not working properly i have no idea what to change or what to do..
Can you please guide me about this situation
Maybe you could give a bit more information than "my application is not working properly".

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
After i upgrade mysql my application stopped working, and i need to revert Server Settings back from 5.7 to 5.6. Because i have no knowledge about changes in queries and other settings..
There's no supported downgrade path, what I would suggest you do is open a ticket to allow our analysts to investigate the issue and assist you with resolving it. You can use the link in my signature to open the ticket. Once you do get it open please update here with the ticket ID so that we can follow up here with the resolution.

Thanks!

kdean

Oct 19, 2012
Orlando, FL
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
One thing you could try.

Edit your /etc/my.cnf

Under the [mysqld] section add:

show_compatibility_56 = On

and maybe even add:

sql_mode=NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION