The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RevoDatabase

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by revoshift, Sep 29, 2004.

1. revoshift

revoshift Well-Known Member

While working on RevoToolbox(Webhost Toolbox 2) it was brought to our attention that WebHost Toolbox dosent realy cater for all a webhosts needs so we are also working on RevoDatabase, a program with all features of RevoToolbox but also features a complete client database, the database is designed specifically for webhosts so we want your input into its development.
    To fund the development of this we want sponsors, we need to raise £100 to pay for a Windows RealBasic Licence as currently we can only compile for the Macintosh (As standard version can only compile for its native operating system and i run Mac OS X on my development machine)
    I have attatched a screenshot of the menu

Jonathan

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      18.8 KB
      Views:
  2. revoshift

Ok so what i want is people to say what the database should include

3. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

clientell data,

name phone address stuff like that, as well as the domains they own/operate ... accounts, what accounts, what domains, the packages they run, any extra services they have ordered, possible specific quota crap.. say they ordered an extra 5gb transfer on their account. client log, as in they called in last wednesday about a mail server error resolution was as follows... or we called client due to a payment failure client changed their cc and we got their new cc # etc. stuff like that.

maybe even a feature where it uses a smtp server and can send mail etc.

Sheldon

4. revoshift

first version should be complete soon, due to the fact that at the moment i can only develop database systems on the Mac i need someone who either has RealBasic for PC to build my app for the PC, (this should be a easy task as the code is all non operating system dependant) or i need a sponsor wiliing to donate a licence of RealBasic Standard for PC (or even better pay for the upgrade from my Realbasic standard mac licence to RealBasic Pro mac licence which allows me to compile for windows, linux and mac)
    This first version concentrates on building a stable system, the database system will be upgradable so you dont have to worry about your database being incompatible with new versions

Jonathan