The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riddle me this DNS

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by t9clkclnr, Mar 18, 2008.

1. t9clkclnr

t9clkclnr Well-Known Member

I am developing on the ratemycop.com website.

We had some issues wtih hosting providers and are moving to a load balance system.
    We had to change hosts recently due to traffic and moved to goDaddy.
    http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/03/godaddy-silence.html

Then after we were taken down my godaddy, we had moved our site back to our old host.

Well since then we have had some users going to some dollhouse website.
    We think someone has tampered with a dns record at an authoritative registrar which in turn allowed that bad record to get passed to other dns's out there.

Both a whois and our local records are correct. However on some ISP's a ping or nslookup points users to some Doll House website, even after a week.

Any thoughts? suggestions? Is someone being malicious, and how can I fix this?

2. t9clkclnr

t9clkclnr Well-Known Member

updated registrar

Ok, I went ahead and updated our registrar with the same ns information that it had already and hoped it would update DNS around the world and it seemed to have worked.

Slowly all the users that went to the doll house website seem to be getting back to the site..