The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Runner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Express, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Express

Express Active Member

Anyone having any problems with RR. We setup 3 accounts last week. The owners all have net access through RR. They can get to their sites via the ip but not the domain name. Any suggestions?

2. xsenses

xsenses Well-Known Member

I am on southern California Road Runner and if you want to post a url or 2 I can test it from here.

3. mbarb

mbarb Member

I'm on Road Runner as well, I'd be happy to test a few sites for you

4. Express

Express Active Member

5. xsenses

xsenses Well-Known Member

They both work for me.

6. xWho

xWho Well-Known Member

Whoah... I thought I was the only person to experience this... Road Runner does not update their nameservers/DNS very often, which baffles me. I would make changes to one of my domains nameservers and 24 hours later, friends of mine on BellSouth DSL, Sprint DSL, CNI DSL, my mom on a dialup in Ohio, my friend at a University in Colorado -- of them would see the changes in 24 hours (i.e., they could get to the site by domain name.)

But for me... on cfl.rr.com (central florida)... it would take 3-4 DAYS. I had NUMEROUS email volleys with their technical support about it... and one day it would work, the next it wouldn't ... I'd do an NSLOOKUP and found out that somehow (WHO KNOWS?) the replaced the new settings with the old ones again?! Then 2 days later (with no action on my part) they would go back to what they should have been.

I think Road Runner's techs and admins are smoking stuff... I quit Road Runner and switched to BellSouth DSL and now my nameserver changes usually get to me in less than 24 hours.

Aaron