The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROOT... can not login?!?

Discussion in 'Security' started by ltchat, Jun 4, 2015.

1. ltchat

ltchat Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I have dedicated server with root access. My website running without problems, so i do not login to whm very often. Today, after maybe 6 or more months i tried to login as root to WHM, but i get message "The login is invalid." I tried to change password through my server providers client control panel, tried to flush iptables, restart server, but nothing works, i still cannot login as root. I did tried to login with my cPanel login and password, i got in, but only with no full control, only few control line.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Or maybe there was some changes in this time i have not loged it?

2. LostNerd

LostNerd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Yes, it's possible the root account is locked out by cPhulk brute force detection. Is access still denied? Are you able to access your server through SSH? The document referenced in the previous post should help once you obtain SSH access.

Thank you.

4. ltchat

ltchat Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Yes, access still denied. I can not login through WHM or Putty, both access denied, or invalid login. I can login in to cPanel without any problems with cPanel login. And from Cpanel i can login to WHM, but like i said, there is few controls and i can not access cPhulk.

Thanks

5. LostNerd

LostNerd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sounds like you are only a reseller.

6. ltchat

ltchat Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    lol, no i have full access before, i have root login and password, it was working fine, and i have dedicated server. I have access as root and have access to login from cPanel like cPanel user to WHM. But that's not the problem, the problem is, that i can not login to WHM, and i was able to login before. Should i contact my dedicated server client service? I do not want to bother them if there is a simple solution for it, but i see there isn't one?

7. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, contact your provider and have them grant you console access or run commands via console access for you. Instructions on how to disable cPHulk so you can rule it out as the cause of the problem are found at:

cPHulk Command Line Management

Thank you.