Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Root domain not showing as Alt Name with Let's Encrypt

Discussion in 'Security' started by dudesonwill, Nov 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. dudesonwill

dudesonwill Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    White trying to issue a new certificate for Let's Encrypt, there are options to include different alternative names such as example.com, www.example.com mail.example.com and I will make sure all 3 are checked marked before installing (the root example.com is automatically checked). Then issuing the certificate, the root of example.com does not show under the Alt Names section. Only the other 2 are showing.

As a result, if I visit my domain in a browser without the www first, it will not show the SSL certificate. I want the SSL certificate to show even if someone only types in the root domain without the www.

How can I fix this?

Thank you

#1 dudesonwill, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2018
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @dudesonwill,

Can you let us know the specific name of the option you are accessing in cPanel, or provide us with a screenshot of it? I want to be sure this is an actual feature provided as part of cPanel & WHM as opposed to a third-party plugin.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...